Max holding diameter is 240mm.Self-centering chuck for finishing operations; M33x3,5 disk Ø300 mm.
Made up of two thermoplastic disks, complete with nine tightening pins, this accessory allows to grip workpieces concentrically.
It is used to remove chuck marks, as well as to finish and polish workpieces.
The rubber avoids to damage the wood. The shape of the standard pins (art. 4060) is suitable to grip bowls. When using this clamping plate, the speed limit allowed for the lathe is 500 RPM. Remember that this is a finishing clamping plate, therefore try to make light movements and do not remove too much material in one time.
Why is this chuck better than the chuck jaws?
- First of all, because of its speed, in fact it is itself a spindle, therefore ready to use, equipped with M33x3.5 mm connection to be mounted directly on the spindle shaft of the lathe.
- You will not have to disassemble and repair the spindle jaws and therefore save time twice.
- It is self-centering and "ready" for any diameter included in the field of action, you will not have to mount and reassemble 8 studs in the diameter affected by that bowl and change for the next one.
- Equipped with intermediate pins you can find two other series of optional pins to better adapt to your work.
- As it consists of a continuous circle, it is therefore safer! You do not have the risk of running during the rotation in the sectors that make up the standard jaws.
Self-centering clamping plate
- Brand: Gamma Zinken
- Product Code: GZ-3988
- Availability: In Stock
Made in Italy
- Ex Tax: 149.92 €