• Specially made diamond coated cone.
• For mortice chisels with a maximum size of 13 mm.
• Suitable for most Japanese mortice chisels.
Sharpened mortice chisel significantly improves performance of your tool and quality of the mortice.
We recommend this specially made diamond coated cone for most CMT and IGM Japanese mortice chisels and Veritas square hole punches.
1. Use the cone in a drill press or a mortiser if you have a chuck adaptor (a handheld drill is neither suitable nor safe).
2. Remove the drill bit from the chisel.
3. Clamp the slot mortising bit vertically and securely.
If need be, drill a hole of the same diameter as the chisel’s shank in a block of wood. Then insert the slot mortising bit into the hole.
4. While running at low speed (150 to 250 RPM) slowly lower the cone until it just makes contact with the chisel.
5. Carefully and gently grind the chisel until a clean surface around the entire bevel is obtained.
6. Use a fine sharpening stone or a fine diamond file to remove any burrs (not included).
Diamond Cone Mortice Chisel Sharpener
- Product Code: FOS-0003
- Availability: Please ask about delivery
- Ex Tax: 9.18 €